Cyberlink Power Director & Backscatter magenta filter vid...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SeahorseDeb

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
This video is a sample of what the Backscatter Magenta filter will do in a pea green lake and what PowerDirector 11 can do for editing software. I also used royalty free music from Vimeo...

I'll throw myself personally under the bus for the shakiness....I was navigating with the compass in my left hand. :shakehead: will reshoot this again, eventually. I'm very happy with the color correction. I didn't use ProTune either. The magenta filters are a personal decision of mine because I'm too picky to use ProTune, I'd never get done editing if I used PT. The objective of the video was to show our local divers that most of our lines are broken. We have lousy viz so we rely on our lines and compass to navigate under the docks above. This dive, we didn't make it to the two sunken barges, that's another dive another day.

My objective using PowerDirector 11 and actually getting a project through the entire process and not throw the software out the window was achieved. There's quite a bit more PD will do, but it took me 17 hours to get this 8 minute vid done, so I won't attempt any cute graphic tricks until I know I won't lose my patience!

So far okay, but it's a beginners effort here.

Sanders Beach Scuba Diving on Vimeo

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom