Cutting tools of choice for wreck penetration dive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nasser

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
Just wondering what cutting tools you're taking down with you on these dives. A serrated blunt knife and a Z-kine? Two Trilobites? Shears and a knife? etc..

I have a steak knife or another knife on my harness waist belt as well as at least one trilobite on me. I keep a trilobite on my computer wrist strap and usually another on the right side of my harness above the d-ring.

Well, that and a chisel and hammer on my waist as well :wink:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Two trilobites in a BPW or three diving sidemount. I sell them so I use what I sell. I also carry a set of EMT Shears and a small serrated knife. This is on every dive since the trilobites and knife are always on the harness and I have one on my Predator strap. The EMT shears are always in my right thigh pocket. Wet or dry. It's all about muscle memory.
After that it depends on the wreck. If I'm "finding" things:wink: a set of stainless steel wire cutters or small standard bolt cutters may make the trip.

---------- Post added April 14th, 2015 at 04:44 PM ----------

Along with a hammer and chisel or crow bar.

I have one that stays on the computer strap. One that stays on the waist belt of the BPW. On all my rigs.
I don't want to have to look for a cutting tool. Muscle memory means in any situation in just about any environment I can access one. The one on the shoulder strap or waist belt can also be accessed by another diver should they need to use it to assist me.
The sidemount rigs I own have one on the right shoulder and one on the waist. Again, any hand, any situation one is always accessible. Plus they are just damn nice tools to use. They work.
As I said I also sell them so cost is not a factor and a little advertising never hurts. Especially when it adds to my safety and does not booger up the rig.

BFK.....

Jim....

Two trilobites in a BPW or three diving sidemount. I sell them so I use what I sell. I also carry a set of EMT Shears and a small serrated knife. This is on every dive since the trilobites and knife are always on the harness and I have one on my Predator strap. The EMT shears are always in my right thigh pocket. Wet or dry. It's all about muscle memory.

Yeah I do the same... two Trilobites. One on my waist harness and one on the shoulder strap above the D-Ring. Those are great little cutters and can usually cover 95% of my needs.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom