Custom white balance on sony nex

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

coralgirl

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I am going to dive next week to take some photo dan video for macro in Bali. I notice that in sony nex you can use custom WB in S,A,M, P mode. In custom WB I can choose the "C.TEmp/Filter", I CLICK option then I can select filter to M9 (the highest magnta filter value). Has anyone try this custom WB underwater? Does it work like magic filter?

Second question if I use the Kelvin temprature WB, what number should I input for diving between 15-20M to get the best result.
Thank you

OK, I have an SLT-A55 not a NEX - but most of the Sony cameras share a very similar set up.

I've found the "Custom WB" works better than the set temperature, but if you have nothing white or gray to meter on then the set temp is probably the way to go.

Even using the Custom WB for Video I still see a better result if I make a small adjustment again afterwards using the video editing software.

For stills just use RAW and WB using the WB tool in the editing software.

Last edited:
I just bought the nex5n and im having difficulty setting the manual wb..did you ever find out what Kelvin temp to use at 15-20 m ?

dive save

Nik

Back
Top Bottom