Custom Wetsuits in Florida

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mrrworld

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
This is a long shot but can't hurt for trying. I bought a custom made wetsuit in 1999 from someone in Florida. The shop was in an industrial park right off of I-95, definitely south of West Palm Beach and maybe a little south of Delray Beach.

I'd love to find this shop if it still exists. My wetsuit has been great, probably my best dive equipment purchase. After over 500 dives it still is very soft and pliable, goes on and off really easy. But a few too many holes have developed, making me think it is time for another wetsuit. Plus, my wife, who I met 10 years after buying the wetsuit, is jealous and wants her own custom made wetsuit from the same shop.

Anybody remember this place and know what happened to it?

Thanks

Michael

Probably Wetwear. They been around a while and still are.

Thanks everyone. It might be Wetwear. They certainly have been around long enough and my suit looks like theirs. I didn't think I was in Hallandale but I will stop by their store and see what they have to offer.

Back in '99 they were known as Aquatic Wetsuits. Same principals now, and the same location, just a different name. There is usually not much off-the-rack inventory on hand at the shop. I've been wearing their products for over 25 years and have always been more than satisfied with their custom suits.

Wetwear

Bought one a year or two ago, like it. It fits good.

The order process sucked. Slow, lots of missed promise dates. Poor communications. I ended up canceling another pending order with all the issues getting my first suit.

Next time, decent suit off the rack and get it tailored. There are some other companies out there that can do this for you. LOTS cheaper. Google is your friend.

Two thumbs up for Wetwear. I recently picked up my newest EZ-On wetsuit and can honestly say that I couldn't have been more pleased with the order process. Perfect fit. On time. As promised. And owner Connie added a much appreciated friendly, personal touch. Really, I couldn't believe how well it went. (In fact, I had the same experience 16 years ago when I bought my first EZ-On.) Just thought I'd share my experience.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom