Custom Wetsuit w/ Pocket?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Barracuda22

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Someone posted (and I can't find it) about a company that made a custom wetsuit for them that could be ordered with a pocket on the leg. Hopefully anyone who knows about this will respond. Being the holiday weekend I haven't been able to get any of the custom shops on the phone and none of the sites mention a pocket addition that I can find.

I did see the posts on how to glue a pocket, which is helpful but I can see myself messing that up.

Thanks.

WETWEAR!!!!!

+1 +1 +1 +1!!!!!!!

Their custom suit is just simply GREAT!!!!!

Yes, Wetwear, but utilize either Halycon's or DSS pockets. They do a fantastic job of sewing in a base sub-layer, then the pockets. A bit pricey, but you get what you pay for...

Heatwave in Santa Cruz and Otter Bay in Monterey (both California state) will do bellow pockets made of wetsuit neoprene w/ velcro closures.
Heatwave charges $40 per pocket, I don't know what Otterbay charges.
Both are the same design and don't have any attachment point for a bungee lanyard. However Heatwave did add extra grommets for me so I could fashion my own.

Both have many colors to choose from, however Heatwave allows you to select colored stitching as well.
Heatwave
Otterbaysuits.com Homepage

I hate to say this, but have you considered the neoprene shorts with pockets? You can use them with ANY suit, and it is theoretically a once time purchase (until you break them LOL). That is what I'm eventually going with.

I hate to say this, but have you considered the neoprene shorts with pockets? You can use them with ANY suit, and it is theoretically a once time purchase (until you break them LOL). That is what I'm eventually going with.

an option, but also something to forget/leave behind...

I do like the idea of them though, and I would likely have considered them if i hadn't been purchasing a new WS.

an option, but also something to forget/leave behind...

I do like the idea of them though, and I would likely have considered them if i hadn't been purchasing a new WS.

Still and option if you are going to have a pocket glued on IMHO. It will last you for several suits, and several configs.

Thanks everyone for your help. Connie at Wetwear was very helpful and the price was good. I looked at the pocketed shorts by XS-Scuba and I liked the looks of them. I didn't think about wearing them over a wetsuit. Then it would be one more thing to pack.

The otterbay site was interesting. Mermaid and dog wetsuits. They do have some great colors.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom