custom suit - liquidfit or aquaflite?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

woodfrogs

Reaction score
Hi all,
I've been looking into cutome suits and reading all the great info here on the board.
I want a 5mm suit and have narrowed it down to either liquidfit.com or aquaflite.com
Does anyone have a preference or experience with either company? Are the suits easy to in/out of? Is delivery timely(I'm on a deadline for a trip)? Prices comparable? Product comparable?
Thanks for all your help!

Barbara

I have 2 Aquaflites. A 3mm full w/ hood and a 7mm Farmer John. Both are the Oceanliner type. Ed Rogers at Aquaflite was very helpful and delivered quickly. Suits are well made. I went with front zip. Legs have ankle zippers which is helpful. Both suits are easy getting in and off.

I also found Carol at Lquidfit to be very helpful and accomodating. They seem to be more flexible on color and design selection. A lot of good reviews on the board as you mentioned.

I had a tough choice. Went with Aquaflite on price alone. No regrets.

I don't think you can go wrong either way. Looks like you are driven by a "best delivery" timeline for your trip. Ed can get a suit out within 1-2 weeks normally. Suggest you make sure whoever you go with is not closing the shop for vacation before you buy.

This one is a no brainer. I have three suits from Liquid Fit. You'll never find anyone better to work with than Carolyn Her general turnaround time is two weeks,but I know that she can do rush orders if that is necessary. Carolyn has more color selections that any wetsuit company out there. You'll be happy if you go with LF

I have no experience with Liquid Fit, but they sound like a good outfit.

I do have suits from aquaflite. Always been happy with them. Call Ed Rodgers, he's always treated me well.

Regards,

Tobin

Mack, no offense but you have some major afjustments neede where the yellow sleeves are stitched to the suit. You should mark this suit and send it back in for repairs. A custom suit should not fit that badly.

saltwater taffy:
Mack, no offense but you have some major afjustments neede where the yellow sleeves are stitched to the suit. You should mark this suit and send it back in for repairs. A custom suit should not fit that badly.

I lost 30 pounds. Haven't had a chance to send it back for alteration yet. Aquaflite will do it for $10. Good eye.

Back
Top Bottom