Custom Sidemount harness plates.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hello

I am selling some custom made stainless steel Sidemount harness plates. They are similar to Steve Bogaerts Razor. However they are different, and are of my design. Main differences are:

(1) Added D-rings to lower backplate for clipping in your dive reels.
(2) Added (2) Holes on the upper plate to use the smaller Dive Rite style bungee's for attaching tank valve. (The long one used on the Razor seems to break all to often)
(3) The Holes are also used in my soon to be finished prototype wing.

I use a CNC plasma cutter to cut them out, and then hand polish and file all the slots to ensure they are perfect for use with webbing.

I am selling them for $85+Shipping. Shipping in the US averages around $4-5. All in all you can put together a complete setup for around $170 US.

Wing price will be announced within the next month or two.

Thanks!

-Matt

Attachments

• 100_2046.jpg
    100_2046.jpg
    239.2 KB · Views: 494
  • 100_2044.jpg
    100_2044.jpg
    266 KB · Views: 472
just a suggestion. many of us here on scubaboard do not appreciate a person trying to sell an item from their first post. this is especially true for people who fail to say "hello" and introduce themselves with no background info and such. the fact that on top of this you are going to be selling a terrific item in an ongoing fashion, people will really value learning about who you are.

i am a big fan of steve's design and like your "improvements" and am simply sharing some info that will help you to get more of these into our hands. unfortunately your price is out of my range but i am certain others would have no problem parting with your requested fee.

best wishes.
dive safe
ron

Ron,

Thank you for the advice, I actually totally forgot to drop in to the introduction side of the forum. I will do so now to establish myself here on this forum.

I understand the price seems kind of steep, but if you end up buying my plates and then putting together all of the other compenents for the harness, you will be around $125 less than a razor harness. Just something to think about when making that next purchase.

And to top all that off, everything in my product is kept locally made in the good ol US of A!!!

Thanks again!

-Matt.

glad i could be of assistance. and i hope i wasnt misunderstood. i didnt say your price was unfair (its not a bad price), i just know someone else who will be releasing the entire "harness system" soon and their price should be quite competitive, therefor yours is just a bit out of my range. your price IS fair. (heres a free bump)
;-)

I have had a lot of questions about what the finished harness could look like, Here is an example of a SM setup from a member of cavediver forum using my plates on his system. Like always you can PM me to ask questions or place an order.

Dive Safe!

-Matt
matt at deepstopdiving dot com

;-P

Attachments

• IMG_0002b.jpg
    IMG_0002b.jpg
    427.7 KB · Views: 314
  • IMG_0004b.jpg
    IMG_0004b.jpg
    426.3 KB · Views: 369
cool so far... where would dromedary or other "pouch" sit/attach?

Sorry about the late reply. I have been working on a bulk order of goods.

You can still use a dromedary bag from MSR on my system. it will be located in the small of your back right above my lower back plate.

My system however will be installed on the top plate and run down your back.

Have a great day!

-Matt
matt@deepstopdiving.com

Back
Top Bottom