Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kelemvor

Big Fleshy Monster
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm trying to find a way to protect a pair of Ocean Reef Gdivers full facemasks when traveling internationally. To that end, I ordered a Pelican Air 1535 case. I'm trying to decide what to do inside the case with foam. I think ideally I'd like to get some custom foam from pelicanfoam.com. The problem is that I kind of doubt my ability to design a custom foam cut that works well.

Does anyone have or know where I can get someone else's foam designs for a pair of full facemasks?

If I can't come up with something, I guess I'll take a stab at designing them myself. I hope I can avoid that.

@Ocean REEF any input?

I'm trying to find a way to protect a pair of Ocean Reef Gdivers full facemasks when traveling internationally. To that end, I ordered a Pelican Air 1535 case. I'm trying to decide what to do inside the case with foam. I think ideally I'd like to get some custom foam from pelicanfoam.com. The problem is that I kind of doubt my ability to design a custom foam cut that works well.

Does anyone have or know where I can get someone else's foam designs for a pair of full facemasks?

If I can't come up with something, I guess I'll take a stab at designing them myself. I hope I can avoid that.

@Ocean REEF any input?
You are overthinking it. Jam them in your suitcase with some socks and t-shirts as padding.

You are overthinking it. Jam them in your suitcase with some socks and t-shirts as padding.
I tried basically that when I went to Roatan last year and wound up breaking the attachment point for the comms. It was an easy and cheap repair but I'd like to do a little better.

I wouldn't mind a Pelican style case for mine, but when traveling, I normally slip them in a backpack and carry it on. I usually carry that and my reg bag with me since those both contain the expensive parts of my kit.

I bought a nice pelican air case for the masks. I'll post some photos later today. Worked great this year when we went to Cozumel.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom