Custom Dry suits

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RalphJr

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Bruce:

My wife and I live in Fresno, CA and we dive the California coast often. We enjoy cold water diving with Point Lobos high on our favorites list. My wife is mostly an off the shelf size person and I am a custom type. We have Henderson 7mm hyperstretch wetsuits and we have loved them over the years but as I am getting older I just do not tolerate the 50° F water as well as I used to and my wife is getting cold also. So we have decided to purchase Dry Suits. We are looking at the TX3 or TX. We are planning a trip on the inward passage to Alaska on the Nautilus Swell next year or the year after.

Since I am 5’3” 220 pounds with short (Popeye) legs and arms and a long robust torso, I need a custom suit. My wife who is not handicapped but was born with no fingers and an extra small wrist on her left arm (lots of shark jokes and explosives jokes when we worked as pyrotecnicians etc…); most likely she will need some special accommodation on a dry suit as well. We are willing to travel to your shop/factory to get a custom fit from an expert to eliminate any back and forth and want to know if this is something doable from your end?

Let me know how this might work out.

Thanks,

Ralph Dillard

Ralph:

Hi, this is Bruce Justinen, President of SEASOFT SCUBA. If we can measure it, we can make it so we can make you and your wife great suits. We will be at the SCUBA SHOW in Long Beach this coming weekend. I will only be available on Sunday but I would be really happy to measure both of you if you are available.

If that is not convenient then you are more than welcome to come to Auburn, WA and we can measure you there. However, if there is anyway that we can save you the inconvenience of a long trip like that we would be thrilled to do so. So here are a couple of other options.

We are actually driving a truck down to LA, leaving here in the morning. We will be in the Sacramento area Thursday morning and would be happy to meet with you then also. Call my office tomorrow morning if you want to meet sometime on Thursday, the number is 1 253 939-5510, ask for Jaime. Thank you so very much for picking our drysuits, they really are the very best and you will not be disappointed.

Bruce Justinen
SEASOFT SCUBA

Hi Bruce:

Thank you for the super offer but tomorrow and Sunday do not work for us. I have an interest to get up to the Seattle Area for a few days of R&R in the next month or two so Auburn is not out of the way. I will contact you as the time frame is settled on. to make arrangements for the measuring.

Thanks,
Randy

Bruce:
We will be in Seattle on September 26 and would like to get a fitting early that afternoon. I have a meeting on the 27 and then we will be hanging out until Saturday afternoon when we fly out.
Let me know if this will work for you.

Thanks,
Ralph Dillard

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom