Custom cut foam for Blacktip Tech and Pelican 1637

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

markcic

Registered
Reaction score
Has anyone had foam custom cut for a Blacktip tech and a Pelican 1637 Air? I have just seen pick and pluck but didn't want to reinvent the wheel for getting foam cut.

Has anyone had foam custom cut for a Blacktip tech and a Pelican 1637 Air? I have just seen pick and pluck but didn't want to reinvent the wheel for getting foam cut.
I have aways gone the "pick and pluck" route, which is far cheaper and far more customizable, over the more limited divider or custom cut foam systems, since additional items always find their way into my Pelican cases . . .

... foam custom cut ..
Want to know the secret for easy custom cut foam??
Use a dual blade electric turkey carving knife. You will have easy precise curves, perfect angles, and tight friction foam holds. Use it even if cutting thru 'pick&pluck' foam. Learned the trick from all the pro-photographers that cut out exact shapes for their expensive lens, strobes and camera bodies. It's gotta be the dual blades, not single blade. You'll be amazed at how good & tight it comes out.

Carving_knife-Dual-Blades.jpg

Back
Top Bottom