Custom Backplates

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

anthoc24

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Looking to gauge interest in customised stainless and aluminium backplates. These are locally designed with a number of unique features to improve webbing control, fit and comfort, and appearance. While the shape of the plates will be fixed, finish and decoration will be customisable - think skateboard decks. Happy to hear ideas, thoughts or experiences.

If the price is right, some side mount plates would be nice!

While the shape of the plates will be fixed, finish and decoration will be customisable - think skateboard decks.

This statement makes me think your priorities are not in line with most serious divers that I know. Aesthetics are usually the last thing on a diver's mind. I'm far more interested in the other mods you alluded to.

I've been looking to find some one who'll make an aluminum bp identical to a DSS SS extra long....It's the size that works best for me and DSS only makes there lighter Kydex in a long....The other aluminum bp manufactures don't even come close to DSS's extra long in SS or aluminum.......Tried asking a few machine shops over the years if they'd do one....no results........So I'd be interested and a few 'tweaks' would be a bonus......

This statement makes me think your priorities are not in line with most serious divers that I know. Aesthetics are usually the last thing on a diver's mind. I'm far more interested in the other mods you alluded to.

does not really matter what color or graphics are on what is going to be not visible.. It is between my back and my tanks.The group of divers I normally dive with, strive for one color...black

I've been looking to find some one who'll make an aluminum bp identical to a DSS SS extra long....It's the size that works best for me and DSS only makes there lighter Kydex in a long....The other aluminum bp manufactures don't even come close to DSS's extra long in SS or aluminum.......Tried asking a few machine shops over the years if they'd do one....no results........So I'd be interested and a few 'tweaks' would be a bonus......

Fred Tagge.

Not sure where the responses went that I submitted. Thanks for your feedback, guys. The design features better harness positioning and better quality of plate finish to avoid damaging the harness. I'm also looking at lightweight versions of the full-size plates for travelling or diving in warmer waters. The appearance aspect is purely for uniqueness - some custom text or graphic that makes the plate uniquely yours.

---------- Post added December 29th, 2012 at 12:22 AM ----------

How long is the extra long DSS backplate?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom