Curved Masks??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

IslandLover

Reaction score
Does anyone know of a curved glass mask, which "wraps" around the face, like a pair of "wrap" sunglasses to offer much more side vision. You would think they could produce a mask as such. I dont like the large volume masks with the side windows.

Check out some of the Free Diving masks (mares,Omer). These are very low volume and are very easy to clear and give you a nice field of vision

Eric

nt

Not off the top of my head. But if go to their web sites, you can find a bunch of them. They will say "low volume" or free diving.

Eric

Is there any reason not to use these, other than personal fit or looks?

I like the peripheral vision that seems to come w/ this type of mask/goggle.

Would these squeeze more/less than a "normal" mask?

Thanks,

Jack

Detroit Diver,
Free divers love to use these types of masks, because they don't have to waste as much lung volume as they would in a higher volume mask to equalize it.

No mask, regardless of volume should "squeeze" you. Just remember to exhale some of your breath into the mask (through your nose) on descent and you will never have any problems.

What do you guys and gals think about the bandit mask?? Is this the best one to buy?? I assume it is glass? This is perfect as exactly what I am looking for for diving.

:idea:
At DEMA I found HydroOptix with masks that look strange but seem to enhance sight by 300% (www.HydroOptix.com).
Didn't try them. Just have the info on my desk.

Hello cottim, The Hydro Optix masks were interesting indeed, though I checked them out at Dema 2000, I did not see them at Dema 2001. At the time they were strictly experimental, heavy and pretty darn expensive... has any of that changed to your knowledge?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom