Current Water Temps

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ron_dodge

Contributor
Reaction score
Hello ..

A group of us will be headed to Curacao next week. We're trying to pack the right skins/wetsuits and I'm hoping someone can help by sharing what they've seen for current water temps. We have diving schedule up and down the west side of the island. Starting in the south-west not far from Willemstad and then up to the north-west near Westpunt.

This is our first trip to Curacao and from what I've read this time of year the water is in 78°F to 80°F range but, would really appreciate it if someone was able to verify that.

Thanks in advance.

Hey!

I personally dive with a 3mm full wet suit, but I get cold easily. If you are here next week, the water will most likely still be 82°F. Most people dive in a shorty here though. Also, the water temperature is still 82°F at 100feet.

Hey!

I personally dive with a 3mm full wet suit, but I get cold easily. If you are here next week, the water will most likely still be 82°F. Most people dive in a shorty here though. Also, the water temperature is still 82°F at 100feet.

Vatty ... thanks that's super helpful. The temps are a bit higher than I was expecting, that's good news!

I would trust these sites before the reading of someone's arbitrary dive computer. Dive computer temperatures are typically spec'ed to +/- 4 deg F.

Vatty ... thanks that's super helpful. The temps are a bit higher than I was expecting, that's good news!
You are welcome. Checked my diving computer during my dive today and yup it said 28°C (82°F) at 24 meters (80 feet). Most likely in January it will go towards 27°C (80°F).

Enjoy your trip, if you can use an additional buddy hit me up :)

We just got back...it was 83/84 on every dive, 40' to 85'. I was warm in a 3mm and also fine in a rash guard and trunks for a couple of morning dives. We also met people who thought they were going to dive all week without wetsuits and they ended up purchasing 2-3mm wetsuits on the second day.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom