Current Water Temps

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dflaher

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hola,

Headed down this weekend. This link shows a sea temperature of 85.3F, although that's at about a 5' depth.

NDBC - Station 42056 Recent Data.

Would like to hear from any recent divers before I start packing. What sayeth your DCs?

Thanks...

Shearwater showing 83-84 but mostly 83. Seems a little cooler this year, last year this time was consistently 84.

Weather is really nice in the morning and in the evenings. I think it’s something about the direction of the wind and cooler air.

I've never experienced a thermocline in Cozumel to 107'.

2 weeks back, for myself, it was 83 - 84F with little deviation down to around 140'. Last year it was closer to 84-85F, per my dive logs. When I am lucky the channel current has a slight impact angle on the wall causing an uplift from depth and you can see the temperature variant / thermocline of 2-3F, on edge to down on the walls. In the colder waters, often the visibility opens up dramatically

Current temps this week have been 81-84F at depth. It was 84 at 95 feet at Columbia Deep yesterday, according to my garmin. Luxuriously warm. The silver lining to our coming climate apocalypse? 🙃
(have to laugh so I don't cry)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom