Current water temp?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

James Ocean

Contributor
Reaction score
For people who are in Cozumel now or have been in the last few weeks, what water temps are you seeing on your dive computer at depth?

Online reports are saying around 84F at the moment although I'm assuming that's at the surface.

I'm thinking of using a 3mm full suit for a trip in 10 days time. I know everyone has a different tolerance to the cold (I'd say I have a normal tolerance to cold water), but does a 3mm full suit seem too much?

Less than one degree difference from surface to 90 feet usually.

My computer has been reading 88. I find that hard to believe!

I have found this website to be consistently within a degree of what my dive computer has shown over the past three years, in different seasons. It currently says 85.3, and @Maxwell@3 shows 86 - so that's pretty darned close!

What exposure gear were you wearing?
You can’t really go by what I wear because I’m always colder than everyone else. With that being said I wore a really old 5 mil that’s so old it’s really probably a 3 mil now.

Edit: others on my boat were wearing 3 mils, a couple in shorties, and 1 guy just in shorts. Everyone seemed comfortable so it varies.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom