Current water temp in Coz?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

yle

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I'm getting ready to pack my bags, flying into Cozumel this Wednesday. Was debating over which wetsuit to bring and thought it would just make sense to ask those of you that are there right now...

what's the water temp?

Thanks!

Edit: I just checked Christi's website and it shows 81 F. I was hoping it's actually a little warmer than that...

My dives over the past 6 days have all been at 84 F per my Perdix. I am wearing just a 1.5 mil shortie top and I have been very warm. Lots of divers are not wearing any wet suits

My dives over the past 6 days have all been at 84 F per my Perdix. I am wearing just a 1.5 mil shortie top and I have been very warm. Lots of divers are not wearing any wet suits

Thank you!! That's just what I was hoping to hear. I thought 84-85 was pretty typical for this time of year.

(hey... my brother's lives in Frisco too, and he'll be flying in to Coz with me on Wednesday.)

I'll be flying there myself Thursday morning @ 6:00 am. I'll be diving a sharkskin and swimsuit myself. Maybe a dive skin to protect my legs from stingy things. But nothing for thermal protection other than the sharkskin and even that's not necessary.

A lady on our dives yesterday experienced a bit of nausea due to overheating underwater. She had a 3 mil I believe. I was very warm as well with just a 1.5 mil shortie.

A lady on our dives yesterday experienced a bit of nausea due to overheating underwater. She had a 3 mil I believe. I was very warm as well with just a 1.5 mil shortie.
And that would be me....I got nauseous underwater at Blue Lagoon down in Huntsville the first time I dove it in April 2016. Figured it might be cold so I dove a full 5mm with hood, etc. Lasted about 10 minutes.....the rest of the day was fine in a swimsuit and Under Armor shirt.

You can look at windy.com for water temps, too.

About 84 and for the most part visabilty is also poor with lots crap in the water. Seems to clear out above Punta Tunich but overall it's not optimal.

About 84 and for the most part visabilty is also poor with lots crap in the water. Seems to clear out above Punta Tunich but overall it's not optimal.

Have there been some recent rains?

Not that I am aware of,personally think it's related to the Sargasso. Rolled off the wall on Santa Rosa last night and went to about 150' the clarity got better but it still had a lot of particulate and lacked clarity.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom