Current reef conditions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wildbill9

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
We like most we have been away for way to long. Trying to plan a trip in December. We are curious how are the reefs after many months of low impact from divers? Huge improvement? Minimal improvement? About the same? Worse? It would make sense we would see an improvement but just curious. Thanks

Hey Wild Bill! I am going to Bonaire Aug 12 for 6 days. I will report back to you. Have a good one. Aruba Bob

Bill, things were good in June. Lion fish seemed to be up a little (both size and count), but not alarming, and we felt like we saw more scorpionfish than we were used to. There were billions of fry, which we figured was seasonal—we’re usually there in the fall or winter.

I'm jealous Bob! We would go in September but air was way past insane. Aruba then Bonaire, gotta try Curacao for a trifecta.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom