Current COVID status on Roatan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scotttyd

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
A co-worker of mine was considering going to Roatan (non-diver) - she was wondering what the current status of COVID is on the island? She couldn't find any numbers, etc. Her and her husband are health care workers who are immunized, but always follow the rules/common sense. I know the rules about getting tested, before and after, just wondering how the island has fared and are there many active cases? thanks!

A co-worker of mine was considering going to Roatan (non-diver) - she was wondering what the current status of COVID is on the island? She couldn't find any numbers, etc. Her and her husband are health care workers who are immunized, but always follow the rules/common sense. I know the rules about getting tested, before and after, just wondering how the island has fared and are there many active cases? thanks!
Of course, they are not actually immunized...they are just vaccinated....they can still get the virus, it just will have little effect on them...but they can still pass it on to others. This is a rather crucial difference!

Search google for "roatan coronavirus". You'll find there's around 750 cases per day (7 day average) being found on the island.

The first result (beyond the data google shares directly) is from Anthony's Key resort. They state that travel is open to Roatan, and what the rules are as far as testing and safety protocols.

That's the situation for getting there.

Here's the situation for getting back:

Here's information from the US embassy in Honduras (updated 2/26/2021): COVID-19 Information | U.S. Embassy in Honduras

Not sure how Honduras compares to the Maldives, but there's a real horror story about catching coronavirus abroad on another thread here. Worth reading the original report that was shared. The lengthy thread that follows, maybe not so valuable.

Oh my goodness. I think the question was regarding how many cases are active ON THE ISLAND. The entire population is just over 60,000. There are NOT 750 cases per day being found on the island of Roatan! That number may apply to the entire nation of Honduras, but here are the statistics for the island:

152800917_253460742954082_6766063538425546831_o.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom