Cure For Hiccups!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MNScuba

Reaction score
In case you ever get the hiccups before a dive:

This is The ONLY Bid Daddy, Sure-Fire, Will Not Fail, Gotta-Try-It method for curing hiccups...

1. One spoonful of peanut butter.
2. There is no number 2, that's it!

Now, unless you're allergic to peanut butter you're set.

Had to post it, its a favorite that I post on all the boards I go to. Does anyone else have any 'cannot do without' cures that work for them?

Never heard of peanut butter.

Our family tried and true hiccup cure is to eat a big tablespoonful of sweet pickle relish. Has to be the relish, a sweet pickle won't do it.

That's right, I am somewhat allergic to peanuts but I also have a tried and true method for hicups - put a peice of hard candy, a lollypop, etc. in your mouth and try to forget about it.
It works by getting your breathing/swallowing back in rythm and your hicups magically disappear! Gum will work but not as quickly.

:eek:ut:

If you hold your breath while assending from a dive your hiccups will always go away.

disclaimer: this is meant in fun. DO NOT DO THIS.

Chad

Well, along with getting rid of hiccups it would probably also get rid of a hearbeat. Like Chad said.. DO NOT TRY THAT ONE!

drink a glass of water from the part of the rim *furthest* from you - it works! Apparently it is the need to focus on the task that distracts you from your hiccups.

V.

This is an easy one. My uncle always said that if I would just hold my breath for 10 minutes they would go away....I'm not sure he really loved me though...HaHa

Try drinking a soda (Coke, Pepsi, etc.) that has gone flat (no more carbination. Worked for me once while I was in a movie theater.

OK pickle relish "yum" it's the vinegar in the relish that does it.
NOTE: holding ones breath (full) while ascending will get rid of everything but sharks.

Back
Top Bottom