Curacao Xmas weather?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dmaziuk

Contributor
Reaction score
We're thinking Westpunt for the winter break and searching for Curacao in December, Christmas, etc. yielded nothing useful. So: what's the weather like over New Year's? From what we can see, given how dry the place is, the rainy season isn't that rainy? Or is it?

Should be fine. Been 4 Januarys, once arriving new years eve. Diving fine every day. Maybe a short shower here and there. A bit cooler which is always fine by us. Maybe low to mid 80s air and water temp ranges 78-80.

Thanks, that what I gathered from other places too. We've only been there around spring break so far, this year will be the first Xmas-New Year's trip. Fingers crossed.

Rain season here in Curacao just means it is green, it makes the island very beautiful.

This year in October, during the day, I encountered rain for 3 maybe 4 days. But it often lasts like 1 hour or less. This month we have had one bad day where it rained for 3-4 hours. But that is rare if you ask me. Small tip, bring DEET - cause there will be more mosquitos.

and yet somehow the squitos grow as big as airplanes :D:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom