Curacao - 2 hour dolphin swim in front of All West Apartments

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Diver OnLu

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Hi all,

Again, i have to say that everything is possible on Curacao: Some of our guests had the pleasure of a very long dolphin encounter just snorkelling in front of All West Apartments in Westpoint - just follow the link "Divers Talk News Blog" on ..:: All West Curacao ::..

Kind regards from Curacao
Andreas

Hi Don, I'm not sure about the 4th. The 1st Sunday is a busy day in Banda Bou. Besides little things like fresh bread at the local houses and the morning market in Barber, Ascension is open on that one Sunday a month. Even though our guests are leaving on Saturday, I sometime end up going with a restaurant guest or friends from town.
Watamula is a pretty special dive. I don't go as often as one would think I could, so each time I do it's amazing. I haven't been to Rediho yet. I was going as Larry's dive buddy but David wanted to go, so I stayed home and did Monday paperwork and laundry. David, Larry and Ted all said it was a really great dive site. We have a new diver staying with us in June. I'll ask if they'd like to go on the Monday morning dives and join them.
Please stop by for coffee if you get to Westpunt early or after the morning dives. You can't miss the house; it's on the left headed to the Lodge, green with the Sol Food sign.
Let us know if you'd like to stick around for an afternoon shore dive in the bay or at Alice In Wonderland; one of us would love to play hookey from the restaurant to join you.
Sunshine

We saw that pod of dolphins at Playa Piscado from the 2nd story deck of Curacao Sunshine Getaway http://www.curacaosunshine.com/ no more than 30 minutes after we arrived for our 12 day stay on Curacao! I think Sunshine and David arranged for the "Westpunt Welcoming Committee" to greet us! I tried to pick them up with my camera's zoom and they are in the right side of this photo:

278398656_FcnCF-L.jpg

And, Sunshine is correct, the Watamula dive is extraordinary! It looks like coral on steroids! I have not yet edited my Watamula uw photos, but I will be sure to post a few when I get them done.

The shore dive "Alice in Wonderland" at Playa Kalki is outstanding and I have an album of photos here, including 2 night dives: http://honeymoon2.smugmug.com/gallery/4772645_PJAgQ#283132610_rLq9k

The reef is a short swim from the dock and the coral is healthy and colorful:

283136517_mwiPw-M.jpg

Don, you have to make the trip to Westpunt for the best food on Curacao at the Sol Food Restaurant at Curacao Sunshine Getaway on the weekends! David and Sunhine prepare a variety of meals from salad, pizza, spaghetti, steak, seafood, and desserts:

278239209_ixXuB-L.jpg

You can't miss the house and restaurant:

278256203_SFo42-L.jpg

Cheers, alashas http://honeymoon2.smugmug.com/

Hi Sunshine,

I couldn't let you know about the dolphins right away on Monday, because I was still in bed - so I didn't see them either. It was the German family who snorkeled with them - Joscha didn't even need the fish-ID cards you gave him to know that something special was going on. So even if Don might think I don't deserve it, can I get a pizza tonight?

Greetings,
Andreas

Hi Don,

I don't know yet who is going to be guiding on the 4th. I am off on Sundays, so it won't be me, though I love our Sunday dive sites :). The others will decide probably on Saturday who goes on with boat on Sunday.

I wish you a lot of fun diving Santa Cruz and Watamula!

Best regards, Andreas

Ah - hearing all these stories from Curacao is just too much - I'm so excited to visit in June - I can't wait! My boyfriend and I are staying with Sunshine in June - we're the beginners you mention, yes? :D

So be sure to let the dolphins know we're coming - we'd love to romp with them if they'd like the company - any day they'd like :) !! Really though - I can't wait to meet you all and dive with you. I sent an email to OEW to ask about dive schedules to see what is happening when... the anticipation is wonderful but I wish June would hurry up and get here!

Steph

I'll make sure to take plenty of pics next sunday at Sta Cruz and Watamula to wet yr appetite. Meanwhile I have a bunch of pics on my website, enjoy.

Also don't limit yourself to only the westside but do venture to the east somewhat. I'm sure sunshine can arrange anything you might need.

Don

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom