cup coral species?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

H2Ocean

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
6-19-2010 Leo Carrillo State Beach, in approximately 20-30 feet of 53 degree water, in well established large rocky reefs this image was captured and possibly is in the cup coral species. any help in identifying it would be greatly appreciated. The day we were there was the day that AVDesertDivers.org was hosting their annual Clam Chowder dive. It was a very big hit, we spent 3 hours of underwater exploring the unending expansive reef system there. Mark your calendars this year to be there. This year it will be on 6-18-11. Here is an image of the critter in question.
photo.php

well its saved as a image i just posted here on scubaboards. or its in my picture file..

thanks susan. i just figured out how to post an image in the forums by what you did. it was a trial and i know its a round about way. i have images in facebook that i would like to post for id. how? other than posting them to my computer file then to my profile. and then copy the url link to the forum thread.. unless you have an easier way.. thanks for any help.

You need to get the link to where the image is - on the facebook page with the image right click and select View Image Info (depending on your browser wording may be slightly different) In the window that opens look for the location of the image and copy that link. Then when you post, where you want the image click on the Insert Image (yellow block with mountains) button and paste the link there (be sure to include the http:// but not to double it as it will appear in the window that opens to insert image.) Hope that makes sense. If not, feel free to PM me and I will send you my phone number - it would be easier to talk it through.

The process described should work for images anywhere on the internet, even on Scubaboard - which is what I did and I have no idea why it didn't work!

Go into your gallery. Choose the photo you want to show on your post. Under the photo where it says Linked Thumbnail, there is a little colored icon on the right hand side that looks like a little framed picture. Click on that icon and it will add a dropdown list of different kinds of links. Highlight the entire contents of the Medium Image link. It should look like this... {img]http://www.scubaboard.com/gallery/data/500/medium/cup_coral_species_possibly.jpg[/img} ... except I replaced the outer brackets with "{ }" so you can see the link, instead of the photo.

Type CONTROL C to copy the link then go to your post and hit paste.
The photo will appear in your post.
Like This.
cup_coral_species_possibly.jpg

Some knid of small anemone.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom