Culebra vs. Vieques (Puerto Rico)?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

HillEasterner

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I had to go deep in the ScubaBoard archives (>10 years) to find a thread with both islands in the title, so I'm hoping to get more current information on these islands for a dive trip this May or June. I generally prefer smaller islands, especially if I can stay near a beach but also walk to a couple of low-key bars/restaurants (e.g. Carriacou, Little Corn). My wife does not dive, so easy access to great beaches is also essential. No resorts.

Do you recommend one island over the other? If I have ~7 days, should I split time? Lastly, if you have any experience with dive shops on either island, I would love to hear it. Thank you!

Both islands are amazing. I never dive in Culebra only because the snorkeling is incredible. I really enjoyed diving Vieques but have not been there in over 10 years. If you have a week to spend in PR I would recommend diving La Parguera. It is on the southern shore of the island but in my opinion is the best diving in PR. It is a beautiful fishing town with great restaurant. Parguera Divers run an awesome operation. Having said that, whenever I go home we stay in Playa Santa and dive with Island Scuba. They go to the same dive site but Playa Santa is more secluded and not as busy as Parguera. Enjoy Puerto Rico!

Back
Top Bottom