Cuda Trigger Reed Switch Problem

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

betti154

Registered
Reaction score
Guys,

Just wondering if anyone can help over the break...

I've got a Cuda where nothing I do to adjust the reed switch on the inside will enable it to stay on at 100% trigger pull (switches off at end of pull and I can't push reed switch in further). It's also stuttering on the odd start up, and occasionally failing to start. I pause and then restarts ok usually.

I', wondering if I need a new trigger rod/magnet, reed switch of both?

I've hacked this with some duct tape to stop 100% trigger pull, but really want to fix it properly. I might have some other issues with my Cuda tripping out on hard turns under power, though think it wise to get the trigger sorted first for diagnosis. I suspect it might be as simple as a weak magnet or reed switch dis-engaging with the change in trigger grip on odd angles. Anyway, simple stuff first...

Thanks, Damien

Best bet is to call Dive-X ... they are nice and friendly and know their units extremely well.

Having said that, it does sound like you may need a new rod, as the magnet does wear out over time, else it is a slight misalignment of the reed switch.

_R

Best bet is to call Dive-X ... they are nice and friendly and know their units extremely well.

Having said that, it does sound like you may need a new rod, as the magnet does wear out over time, else it is a slight misalignment of the reed switch.

_R

Thanks for the insight, I was largely after confirmation that the magnets lose their juice over time. Will call factory, it's just hard from Oz and over holidays I don't imagine anyone's around.

Have a good new years, Damien

Back
Top Bottom