Ct Dive Locations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

orion612004

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Candlewood Lake, near Danbury--free, not good.
Pleasure Beach (boat ramp), near New London-free, technically not allowed to enter via boat ramp.
Walnut Beach, Milford-$5. Need high tide, very shallow.
Silver Sands Beach, Milford-free-a walk. Need high tide, very shallow.
Merwin Point, Milford--free.

None of these places, nor the salt water two you listed are anything to brag about, though I haven't done Merwin Point yet. Hammonassett (Meigs Point) may be the best I've found so far.

Bridge between Mason's Island and Enders Island.
Stonington Point.
Wall Street in Stonington.

Candlewood Lake, near Danbury--free, not good.
Pleasure Beach (boat ramp), near New London-free, technically not allowed to enter via boat ramp.
Walnut Beach, Milford-$5. Need high tide, very shallow.
Silver Sands Beach, Milford-free-a walk. Need high tide, very shallow.
Merwin Point, Milford--free.

None of these places, nor the salt water two you listed are anything to brag about, though I haven't done Merwin Point yet. Hammonassett (Meigs Point) may be the best I've found so far.
Have you dove Walnut Beach? Shallow as in ~15ft?

Depends on how far surface swim you want to do. At high tide I went as far as I chose to and got 8 feet. A little better than Silver Sands Beach (right next door), but not much.
I haven't been to Stonington but I BELIEVE at the popular site there you are only allowed to dive at night during Summer.

I looking at places similar to Stonington Point but allow diving during operating hours. I am writing a paper in the hopes I will be able to get access

Back
Top Bottom