CSSP this Sunday

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Texass

Reaction score
Me & Donnie plan on being there around 9:30-10ish. Corsair & Seawolf said they're going to try to make it, as well.

Ya’ll have a great day out there Sunday; wish I could join in the fun.

Nyle and I, along with Sam (Sambo) and Ken (ScubaTexan) made 2 dives together Friday between 11:30 ~ 3:00. Viz started out great, 20-25ft. Two, maybe three scuba shops were there with a BUNCH of OW cert. divers (on a Friday no less) and I guess got things stirred up a bit because Nyle and I stuck around and did 2 more dives (1 on them @ night, both our first) and the viz was down to 10-15ft. We saw lots of bass and cats root’in around in the muck for something and leaving small silt clouds here and there. They seemed pretty frisky; if ya’ll know what I mean...I guess the local inhabitants can take some blame for stirring up the water too.

All in all, we saw plenty of fish on the North end walls in the 20-25ft depths, from fry up to big bass and cats. Plus we saw 2 turtles and 2 of the albino cats they had stocked, another first here. Wish I could come out and meet you and the crew. One of these days it’ll work out. Till then.

Keep your ears covered,
Jim

Last year you could pick & choose which table you wanted - last week I managed to find a clear spot on the ground near a dock path.

My beanie has become pretty much mandatory dive gear. Not for thermal protection. but so I can get back with both of my ears!!!

Sorry I couldn't make it out Friday, but no job = no new gear or dive trips = what's the point?

Texass once bubbled...
....Sorry I couldn't make it out Friday, but no job = no new gear or dive trips = what's the point?

What's the point? Did I hear you say that? Water therapy is the best there is...bar none! So what if your gear isn't brand spankin new, or that you haven't seen 15ft viz or better all year long, it's still wet! It's still breathing underwater! It's still 0 gravity!

So come on, Des....admit it. The two hours it took you to load all your crap and drive to CSSP plus the 2 hours it'll take to drive home, rinse your gear and hang to dry is well worth those couple of hours bottom time in the green haze, listening to nothing but your own bubbles.

Come on...tell me I'm right! :eek:ut:

Dee once bubbled...
What's the point? Did I hear you say that? Water therapy is the best there is...bar none! So what if your gear isn't brand spankin new, or that you haven't seen 15ft viz or better all year long, it's still wet! It's still breathing underwater! It's still 0 gravity!

So come on, Des....admit it. The two hours it took you to load all your crap and drive to CSSP plus the 2 hours it'll take to drive home, rinse your gear and hang to dry is well worth those couple of hours bottom time in the green haze, listening to nothing but your own bubbles.

Come on...tell me I'm right! :eek:ut:

Dee...you're ABSOLUTELY right!!!

Friday = become an unemployment stat; Saturday = become another failed marriage stat; Sunday = Depth & Bottom Time are the only stats I need to worry about.

Texass once bubbled...
Friday = become an unemployment stat; Saturday = become another failed marriage stat; Sunday = Depth & Bottom Time are the only stats I need to worry about.

One way to look at it....

Friday you got the opportunity to change careers, maybe to scuba bum on some paradise island somewhere.

Saturday you got the opportunity to dive when you want to, where you want to, without having to consult anyone else!

Sunday...Amen!

Sorry you've hit a rough spot, you know where we are if you need anything! :wink:

I've gotten a couple of PMs trying to console me, etc. I appreciate the thoughts, but I'm pretty happy with my life. Sorry if my equations were confusing - I blame my golf math training.

I'm still gainfully employed and very happily married and I've got my gear all packed & ready for tomorrow's dives.

The career change does sound tempting.

that the scuba bum thing sounds good.

If I get in trouble for it I'm blaming Dee. :eek:ut:

I plan to come out this afternoon and I would love to dive with some of you. How will I know which group you are?

I met Seahunt and Nyles the other day will diving at CSSP.

Thanks
MiniHaulic

Back
Top Bottom