CSSP map

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

broncrider

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hey All,

I was wondering if anyone had an underwater map of approximate locations and descriptions of things in CSSP and/or Athens Scuba Park.

Jay

There is a map on the CSSP website but I am not sure about Athens as I have only been there once

They have maps at the front gate for CSSP... the one I saw at the beginning of 2007 was in desperate need of being updated and has been scaled/copied so many times it's impossible to read the compass headings...but it's a start.

I started making one by starting from an arial photograph, but abandoned the effort when we quit going there because the cost got out of control when we started diving there every weekend (and not even getting into the short/hot fill for $8 topic).

The map at the gate has all the big items (Platforms, Cisco the Shark, the 35' boat, the Airplane, the Silos). There hare a couple of harder to find things that aren't marked though (the coffin, the mine, the midwater hula-hoops...those are the only things I know of...anyone else know of any other items not listed?)

...and not a very big circle at that :) ... (although you would have to cut across the middle to find the boat...)

The map at the gate has all the big items (Platforms, Cisco the Shark, the 35' boat, the Airplane, the Silos). There hare a couple of harder to find things that aren't marked though (the coffin, the mine, the midwater hula-hoops...those are the only things I know of...anyone else know of any other items not listed?)

There's a 6 foot alligator in there as well.......

There's a 6 foot alligator in there as well.......

:confused: What ??? :confused:

Are you serious? I have never seen the 6 foot alligator. I have seen everything else.

Well, I just lied. I have never seen the coffin. Everytime I go look for it, I don't find it. Then I am told the following week that "oh! it's moved since then. You have old information". Wait a minute! My information is just two weeks old! I have given up on looking for the coffin. But I have never even heard of the alligator. And I usually bumble into the ship mine without even looking for it! That would seem to be the smallest underwater target that I know of! Unless you count specific pebbles, plants or 5 lb. boat anchors!

:confused: What ??? :confused:

Are you serious? I have never seen the 6 foot alligator. I have seen everything else.

Well, I just lied. I have never seen the coffin. Everytime I go look for it, I don't find it. Then I am told the following week that "oh! it's moved since then. You have old information". Wait a minute! My information is just two weeks old! I have given up on looking for the coffin. But I have never even heard of the alligator. And I usually bumble into the ship mine without even looking for it! That would seem to be the smallest underwater target that I know of! Unless you count specific pebbles, plants or 5 lb. boat anchors!

The alligator Timeliner and I saw as I remember was more in the 3ft. range....course we may have been 'narced'. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom