Crystal Ball - Oly TG-810 vs. Pentax WG-1

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Maureen23669

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Okay - I realize we don't really have much to go on right now, but I also know that that never stopped us before. I'm dreaming of a new underwater point & shoot for vacation in April. That means I'll need to know which I want (almost) as soon as it comes out. Both are slated for release in April.
Love the new GPS option (on both).
Even though it will be for scuba use, don't see much value in the manometer function on the Oly. (I suspect it's for CYA on warranty issues.)
A significant contrast for me will be the Pentax's "digital microscope mode" vs. Oly's "super macro" mode. I'm WAAAAY out of my league on that. Hopefully many of you would be able to tell me whether these modes are significantly different, or just advertising points.
I realize many people get burned on warranty issues when they don't properly soak a camera after being in saltwater. I'm familiar with those issues, so we don't really need to beat that horse any more.
Thanks to all!
Happy shooting!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom