Cruiseshippers return when??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

swimbody

Caribbean Connoisseur
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I saw that the Cruise Ship Alliance has agreed NOT to resume service until AT LEAST November. My wife is super hesitant about staying on West Bay Beach due to the cruiseshippers and all the vendors that plague the beach when they are there. It's the reason we haven't been back to Roatan since 2013. She has zero patience for cruiseshippers and the destruction they bring to the islands they visit. Any thoughts on this? Once again thinking if/when things open back up its a visit to TBR up North or AKR but still on the fence. I'd consider a cheap Paradise Beach Hotel stay as well as that runs around $1800 with breakfast for a week during Christmas. The last time we were in Roatan the main West Bay road was still unpaved sand.

What was your question?

I was asking for your thoughts or opinions about what you've heard about when the cruise ships will return to the islands to ruin them?

“Return to ruin them”?

You can’t lose your virginity twice.

Yeah we went to utila about eight years ago and while the reef was beautiful it was overfished. Have the rules changed? Is there more species there? We also rented that famous pineapple house and the beach out front was littered with trash. Sort of a turn off.

Oops, I was going to recommend the Pineapple House on utila. Different strokes for different folks
Yeah we went to utila about eight years ago and while the reef was beautiful it was overfished. Have the rules changed? Is there more species there? We also rented that famous pineapple house and the beach out front was littered with trash. Sort of a turn off.

Thinking we’re getting ever-closer to hearing that grinding sound....

96E65FEB-E2D8-46DB-BE14-01B7BC5339B2.jpeg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom