Cruise Ship Will Make Stops on Cayman Brac

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

450 $Billionaires ...what could possibly go wrong?

Seabourne per the article is an 'ultra-luxury' liner for the 'affluent,' and small as cruise ships go, so in the short term it won't be dropping a few thousand families with kids to spread out looking for beach, ATV tours, a zip line, etc...

On the other hand, the Tourism Minister made clear they're actively pursuing the small cruise ship market. The economy will shift so cruise tourism is a larger part of it. That will create economic leverage.

Wonder if it'll ever have the setup Grand Turk does now? At first I thought, hey, small island, maybe it'll stay modest, but then I thought of Grand Turk, which is quite small yet Carnival got ahold of it, and, well...

Richard.

P.S.: We like cruising, but it does have an impact.

I lived on Cayman Brac. I don't think I'll ever return. I don't travel anymore. The Caribbean I knew as a kid, the romance, the danger, the intrigue ... I've met real pirates, real smugglers, real drug runners, real treasure hunters, real lives, real loves ... I'd rather leave the islands unspoiled in the rearview than see them broken on the windshield.

I just dive the wrecks of the Great Lakes and the 1000 Islands and the caves in Florida now.

450 $Billionaires ...what could possibly go wrong?

My biggest concern is that one of the billionaires will say "Wow, this place if perfect for development! I'm going to buy a lot of property and start building and promoting Cayman Brac as a vacation destination and cruise ship stop!"

I agree KathyV. While on GC, Bon and CUR, there is enough room and good dive sites away from the cruise ships to avoid the crowd, I don't see how that would be possible on Brac.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom