Cruise ship passenger.. dive by air?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ctinaves

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi there,

I'll be stopping in Belize in March through a Carnival Cruise that is set to be in port from 8-5. I was wondering if anyone had used the tours/company Aqua Scuba Belize (previously known Aqua Dive Belize) or Ecological Tours and Services Belize before? I'd like to try to get down to Ambergris Caye if possible. Both of these options include airfare from Belize City down to San Pedro and from what I've read the plane ride is rather short. Any insights or further information would be greatly appreciated!

I really see no reason to fly all the way to Ambergris Caye when you can get comparable diving directly from Belize City using either the ships dive operator who will take you to Turneffe or if you prefer smaller groups (8 max) by using [URL="http://www.seasportbelize.com]SeaSports[/URL] who will take you to 2 very nice Barrier Reef Dives and then drop you right off at the ship after your dives.

Flying out to Ambergris would take more time more messing about and no real value in it unless there is a specific site you wish to dive from Ambergris.

regards

Gaz Cooper

Last edited:
I agree with Gaz. Sea Sports would be the way to go.

You'll be dropped off by the cruise ship at Tourism Village (pure marketing genius, lol). Sea Sports is only a block away. Per their website, you can do a two-tank dive with them on the reef and be back in time for the transfer back to the cruise ship.

I haven't used them, but I've walked by their storefront a few times and peeked inside. Last time I was in BZ City, I met one of their boat captains while we were standing in line waiting for a cup of coffee. Typical Belizean boat captain: bulky, brawny, somewhat scary looking dude covered with tatoos yet really friendly and talkative. We had a good chat.

Here's their website: Sea Sports Belize.

Here's a photo of the shop. It's nicer on the inside than it appears on the outside, which is true of a lot of places in BZ City. The harbor's right behind it. Tourism Vilage would be to the left on the same side of the street.

IMG_1880.jpg

My wife and I dove with Sea Sports Belize in January (we arrived via cruise ship) and they did a great job; we truly were on vacation that day.....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom