Cruise ship data - when do they come in

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gkornfeld

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi, i hava a friend traveling to Belize mainland for the cave tube trip and wants to avoid cruise ships. She is there between 2/12 and 2/20... When do the cruise ship come in.

Does the schedule change in April - 14 - April 21th

THanks

I don't know the cruise ships' specific schedules, but I can tell you that my wife and I avoided a cruise ship crowd when we went cave tubing simply by waiting until they were gone.

We were in BZ City for a few days, and a cruise ship came in the day we wanted to go cave tubing. So we killed a few hours that morning at the Baboon Sanctuary, then drove to the cave. By the time we were on the cave's entrance road, we had to dodge the ship's tour buses as they were all loaded up and heading back to BZ City.

So we got there sometime late in the morning and pretty much had the place to ourselves.

I was told that cruise ships only visit on Tuesdays-Wednesdays-Thursdays. Perhaps someone who lives there can confirm if this is accurate information.

We went cave tubing and zip lining at the end of December and there were hoards from 5 docked cruise ships. It was Thursday but I think they may come in on Tuesdays and Wednesdays as well from what I remember. I would avoid them like the plague. The cave tubing was about as thrilling as punt down the River Cam but the zip lining saved the day.

The trip to Lamanai is worth doing.

about as thrilling as punt down the River Cam

Depending on who's punting, that trip down the Cam can be thrilling enough.

Depending on who's punting, that trip down the Cam can be thrilling enough.

Perhaps, but only if a pole gets stuck in the mud and the one punting ends up balanced on it while the craft sails on.

Precisely!

It's even more fun on the Cherwell, as we have weirs and lots of over-hanging trees.

Precisely!

It's even more fun on the Cherwell, as we have weirs and lots of over-hanging trees.

All punting would be done from the front there, I believe, unlike Cambridge where they prefer the rear.

Depending what you mean by the "front", yes. The Cambridge method makes it much easier to slide off into the water if the deck gets wet - I can attest to that personally.

Back
Top Bottom