Cruise on Royal Caribbean

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Just got back from a 4 day Cruise to the Bahamas and Royal Caribbean's private Island, CocoCay. I had two scheduled dives for the cruise...guess what, both were cancelled!!! We were told the water was rough and there was too strong a current that it made the dives unsafe. I was very disappointed but thankful for the safety concerns by the cruise line. Just had to force myself to enjoy the pool bar!!!

Poolboy, The same thing happened to me when we were on the Soverein of the Seas. Coco Cay was canceled along with my only scheduled dive. We waited for the rain to stop hoping to be able to tender over later and dive, but that never happened. The captain was able to sail away from the storm and find some sun in the afternoon. That was the stormiest vacation I ever went on!!!

Sully, that was the same ship I was on. We didn't have the rain and we were able to tender to the island...but no diving!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom