Info Crotch Strap for Scubapro Hydros Pro BC

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BoltSnap

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I read here on SB that SP has a crotch strap specific for the Hydros Pro and I also read that people are installing crotch straps on this BC. I communicated with somebody very close to SP in Europe and told me that SP doesn't have a crotch strap specifically made for the Hydros Pro and there is no place on the backpack to attached the crotch strap and hence one can't install a crotch strap on the BC.

Does anyone here have a picture of the strap and where it is connected to the backpack on the back please? (I need pictures not words). I'd like to send the pictures to the person that told the strap and slot don't exist on/for the SP Hydros Pro BC.

I just looked at mine and see no place for a strap to attach, although I suppose a creative person could come up with something. Mine is an earlier one, though and perhaps they added something in later years. Sorry.

Just saw video below so went and looked at mine again and found it. If you need a picture, I can take one and post it.

There is a specific place to attach a 2 inch crotch strap. Very obvious. Anyone who says it's not there hasn't looked very hard. I have a blue strap installed.

Attachments

• 20220326_083448[1].jpg
    20220326_083448[1].jpg
    75 KB · Views: 275
  • 20220326_083509[1].jpg
    20220326_083509[1].jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 245
20210430_084939.jpg

Now removed as Found I don't need it for the diving I am doing.

I fitted one to mine (1st Gen Hydros) 2 years ago. Bought it online ( not a scuba pro one). Works perfectly for me.

by location? maybe.... knowledge? apparently not...

This the same guy who says the MK-17 is alive and well?

:stirpot:

Actually, that was the girlfriend that said that, no joke.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom