Cross reference

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

justleesa

Neither here nor there
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
This week I got to do a "fun dive" (DennisW broke the seal....lol) with my SO. I posted a couple of pictures that he took and he posted a couple'a pictures I took in the Sea Hunt Era forum.
Sorry that they are not as crisp in email quality as they are here at home....but you kinda get the idea :D

Thanks for the time machine, Lisa! Must be fun to polish off the chrome on those rigs and dive them.

What is the white electric cord looking thing extending from the first stage port of your setup?

And is that my buddy the frogfish in one of the shots on the wreck? Looked like a frogfish, and if it's the same big one that's been hanging out on the Sea Tiger, then it's changed colors.

Cool duck feet! I want a set of those little doubles! I bet the double hose would be cool for photography. Did you have plenty of flexibility to move your head from side to side? Sort of a dumb question but it looks restrictive....I still wanna try it!

marpacifica:
Thanks for the time machine, Lisa! Must be fun to polish off the chrome on those rigs and dive them.

What is the white electric cord looking thing extending from the first stage port of your setup?

And is that my buddy the frogfish in one of the shots on the wreck? Looked like a frogfish, and if it's the same big one that's been hanging out on the Sea Tiger, then it's changed colors.

It is fun to look at and fun to use. I even have the wall over our bed decorated with vintage gear (including the speargun Roger used on the burglar!)!!

That cord you see is a the pressure gauge hose. The reg that Roger let me use was the first model that Voit brought out with a pressure gauge port. I was glad to know how much air I had and didn't have to worry and wait for the moment when the tanks got hard to breath and I would need to pull the J-valve lever. The tanks are low pressure tanks and I had 1880psi to start. After 50 minutes I was down to 800psi and my buddy had hit reserve on his 72 tank.

Yup, that's the frogfish (at least it's the one that I have seen since we have been diving the Sea Tiger on a regular basis), in the original it's much clearer. Depending on the angle and the flash he is a bit lighter and more maroon in color.

Dee:
Cool duck feet! I want a set of those little doubles! I bet the double hose would be cool for photography. Did you have plenty of flexibility to move your head from side to side? Sort of a dumb question but it looks restrictive....I still wanna try it!

Roger really had to tighten up the fins so they would fit, but they were very comfortable.

Yes, shadow pictures with the twin hoses look cool! Every now and then I did tug on the hose, but I must add that the hoses were brand new and still a bit stiff. I alsohad to wear them a bit higher too because it hurts my back when the backpack presses on the weight belt....If it were a bit lower the hoses would be more out of the way.

If I remember right Roger found the tanks on ebay. Take a look! Wearing them I found that they were pretty light and the backpack sat very well.

i love all thos pics lisa, thank you for sharing!

That one looks like a shot from SeaHunt! Very cool!

Doesn't it? I'm gonna make a 3D pic of that one for my parents.....I think they'll like it :D

Back
Top Bottom