Cross Posting

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ShoalDiverSA

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi,

I was just wondering what the feeling/rule is regarding cross-posting of the same thread on different forums.

Can't find anything in the TOS, but thought it may be frowned upon...

Cheers,

Andrew

ShoalDiverSA:
I was just wondering what the feeling/rule is regarding cross-posting of the same thread on different forums.

Can't find anything in the TOS, but thought it may be frowned upon...

I don't know what the official stance is, but as a user I don't want to see the same message in different forums.

You need to pick a forum that best fits with the thread. Since a lot of people read by reading 'view new posts', it'll get seen anywhere. It's best to choose a forum that will be the most likely forum someone would search when looking for the information provided in the thread.

When you start duplicate threads, people remember the thread, not the forum. You end up having two disjoint conversations going, as the threads progress. People start crossposting their responses [sometimes] and other times they get confused and wonder where their post went to.

all in all it's a pain in the butt for the moderators.

Yes...please use only 1 thread...it annoys the ever living piss out of me to see the same thread in two seperate forums.

Thanks for the replies. Wasn't seriously considering such lunacy myself. Just saw a person-who-will-remain-nameless post the same question to three forums today. An Australian member of the 'Board gave him a tongue-lashing and two posts disappeared (!). Just got me to thinking if there was an official line on this behaviour.

If not, there should be IMHO.

Cheers,

Andrew

Cross posting is considered spaming on this forum and while the post may be "harmless" in that it is a question or something else SB related it is still a major rule violation. If you see something that seems wrong, even if you are uncertain, feel free to report it to the moderators by using the ! icon under each post. Reporting a post just gives us the heads up so we can take a look; no one else will know you made the report and if nothing was wrong then the post will remain intact where as if there is a problem we can take care of it. Thanks!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom