Crocodile bite

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hank49

Contributor
Reaction score
Two days ago a woman was swimming just off the beach in south Hopkins and was bitten on the leg by a crocodile. Wild Belize. Hopkins is near where Sittee River empties into the sea and there are many crocs there. The sea water surges miles up the river, which unless it rains for days, is 15-20 parts per thousand salt from 5 feet or so below the surface to the bottom. (I did a study a few years back as I was looking at the possibility of a shrimp farm up river) And the river also comes down from the National Jaguar reserve. I love this place. :)

Is the water muddy there? Years ago on a cruise stop I was on a boat excursion headed up New River, which was muddy - as rivers tend to be. Wonder if the croc. thought it had a fish?

Water isn't overly cloudy. The croc was seen on the beach a while before this happened.

Back
Top Bottom