Croatia - The Great Diving Destination

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kora

Reaction score
Hi divers!

Everybody is writting about diving destinations all over the world, saying how great they are. But you haven't seen nothing yet! You have to go to Croatia! In Bay of Kverner, in the Diving Center Kostrena (www.dckostrena.hr), you will find all you may need in one place.

Why are they so great:
they are closest to Europe,
they are members of largest worlds’ diving associations: PADI, SSI, TSA,
they offer all diving services,
they offer absolutely all diving courses,
their diving instructors have a 20 year experience with 4.000 submersions,
the Center is directly connected with shore,
they have the most beautifull house-reef,
the sea in front of the center is clean and clear,
there is a secured area for diving in front of the Center,
there is a lot of fish in the sea arround the Center,
they have the capacity of serving 200 divers at once,
they have 330.000 liters of air on stock,
they have nitrox and trimix
they have warm water and showers,
they offer accommodation,
there is a restaurant in the Centre,
they have a lot of parking space,
they are opened all year,
all the people that work there are very nice.

Maybe they are not the best in everything mentioned, but they are the best because they have it all in one place. You better come and see for yourself, as I did.
If you love diving you will love DC Kostrena.

Kisses,
Kora

first, welcome to scubaboard!

I like your enthusiasm but ads should be on the left side (in my forum skin) and not inside the topics :)

btw. I have dc kostrena sticker on my cylinder :)

Oh, another DC Kostrena supporter :) 200 divers? I'm not sure. To serve 200 divers you must have 17 boats (12 persons per boat - Croatian regulations for the kind of boats usualy used for diving) or vast majority of these divers have to dive from shore (not so special). Serving divers doesn't mean fill their tanks only.

Hi guys.

Drdiver1952, yes you are right. It cannot serve 200 divers at once. I ment in a reasonable time, 30 min or so. And MonkSeal, they don't have their boats, they rent them, but anyway, by "serving" I did mean only filling air.

Kora

Kora:
Hi guys.

Drdiver1952, yes you are right. It cannot serve 200 divers at once. I ment in a reasonable time, 30 min or so. And MonkSeal, they don't have their boats, they rent them, but anyway, by "serving" I did mean only filling air.

Kora
I know they don't own boats. Let's try to be more realistic. It's not easy to rent 17 boats in Kostrena at once suitable for diving excursions. However, for good service center has to offer more than filling air (or EAN or Tx). Imagine how many DMs you need to serve 200 divers at once.

hvulin:
only 1 to do the breefing (if everyone has all of the gear)
That can be a custom in our country but that's not how diving centers work in well known turistic destinations. If you have 200 divers at once chanses that all 200 can dive without guide are equal to zero. It's more likely that 150 will need DM as underwater guide.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom