Cristal Explor regulator

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

trapezus

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
[h=5]Maurizio Baldinucci[/h]Dün, 19:32

Qualche giorno fa ho acquistato questo erogatore in Francia per la mia collezione. Si tratta del Cristal Explor, progettato e brevettato dai francesi Bronnec e Gautier nei primi anni '50. Dovrebbe trattarsi del secondo modello a frusta singola messo sul mercato dopo il Porpoise dell'australiano Ted Eldred. Qualcuno ha idea del livello di rarità di questo oggetto? Vorrei capire se la cifra che ho sborsato (460 euro) è giustificata oppure ho preso la classica "sola", come dicono a Roma. ne approfitto per fare gli auguri di Buon Anno a tutti i membri del gruppo. Buon 2016

1933526_930677530357047_8351110895945957106_o.jpg 5228_930677523690381_602010977385242852_n.jpg 10352351_930677527023714_4140387625172239732_n.jpg

Maurizio Baldinucci

Dün, 19:32

Qualche giorno fa ho acquistato questo erogatore in Francia per la mia collezione. Si tratta del Cristal Explor, progettato e brevettato dai francesi Bronnec e Gautier nei primi anni '50. Dovrebbe trattarsi del secondo modello a frusta singola messo sul mercato dopo il Porpoise dell'australiano Ted Eldred. Qualcuno ha idea del livello di rarità di questo oggetto? Vorrei capire se la cifra che ho sborsato (460 euro) è giustificata oppure ho preso la classica "sola", come dicono a Roma. ne approfitto per fare gli auguri di Buon Anno a tutti i membri del gruppo. Buon 2016

View attachment 221890 View attachment 221891 View attachment 221892
Translation:
Maurizio Baldinucci

Dün, 19:32

A few days ago I bought this regulator in France for my collection. This is the Explor Cristal, designed and patented by the French Bronnec and Gautier in the early 50s. It should be the second model to whip single put on the market after Porpoise Australian Ted Eldred. Anyone have any idea of the rarity of this item? I would understand if the amount I paid out (460 Euros) is justified or I made the classic "one," as they say in Rome. I take this opportunity to wish a Happy New Year to all members of the group. good 2016

I don't know the value of this regulator, but have translated your post so others may be able to reply.

SeaRat

I think you made the Classic one. Hear we call it a sucker. I was watching it. I was surprised it sold at all. I used to see them quite often on ebay France years ago. They would go for half that. By the way, Some peole feel the Porpoise reg is the worlds second reg. Myself and others feel the E.R. Cross Sport Diver is the first.Made in the good old U.S.A. I have both regs anyway. I don't think there is a lot of demand for that reg you won. But who knows. It might be worth twice that someday.It is a nice looking one.

The "Crystal Explor" became available circa 1960's one of a few small/micro regulators offered by French manufactures. Mike Lev mentioned E.R.Cross and his "Sport Diver" unit any chance of an image my only pix posted here sent by the pioneer in reply to my letter 1990/s

johnCRYSTAL 1.jpgsport diver E R Cross circ1949.jpg

Check out HDSmagazine #10. I posted a pic in the past.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom