Crevice Critters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bubblesong

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi All,
So my recent night fluorescence attempts have yielded a new direction for my photos, if I can over come the awful surge of working in shallows near rocks. Two green fluorescing crabs can be seen, obviously against their crabby will.
crevicecrab.jpg

So sans the light those crabs would be invisible to humans eyes? Are those the green crabs we see in the daylight or are they a different, specific species?

I feel ya on the surge, I mentioned in one of my posts while trying to photograph some Purple sponge, unlike you I had control of my buoyancy. You must have been bobbing like a cork with that suit and no weights, it must have been tougher for you.

BubbleSong, your seahorse thread has changed the way I've been diving this summer. The more snorkeling I do looking for a seahorse the more I'm enjoying just snorkeling. So far I've done more snorkeling this summer than I can't remember when, as an adult anyway.

The double hose really reduces the fear the fish have of me. I had one swim right up to my mask and stare at it's reflection I guess. Using the double hose I can control my buoyancy without a BCD from 5FSW to about 20-25FSW and still snorkel when I want to.

I've come to really enjoy the reduction in weight and the more streamlined configuration. I use less air (less depth and work), as a result I'm getting 2 one hour dives from one tank with the snorkeling. I can't stand more than an hour in the water these days so it works out well.

So armed with my new/old camera, and equipped with my old snorkel, double hose regulator and old 72 tank I'll dive to 20fsw max if the vis is good or less if the vis is better there. My fake knees will benefit from less weight being put on them, and I'll get more time in and under the water for the money I spend.

Thank you Bubble Song!

I'll be doing a night dive tonight at FTW the conditions look pretty good.

Due thunder storm warnings and high wind warnings I called the dive.

When i get back from dive trip I’ll be going first fair weather day and night dives. Summer is going by too fast!
I am glad you are happy with new camera.
The photography opportunities are only getting better, as fish get bigger through the season.
Yes, until i get that total hip replacement, i don’t want to carry tanks and weights. Next summer will be scuba, to avoid surge, but snorkeling is always great in its own way.

Back
Top Bottom