Cressi-Sub Edy II - First Impression

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

khsjsilver

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am a warm water recreational diver. I have been diving for a lot of years and while I have a lot of dives under my belt, I finally broke down and bought my first dive computer, the Cressi-Sub Edy II. I looked at all of the dive computers that are discussed on this forum and chose the Edy II because of features, size and price. I really was looking for a low profile wrist watch style computed.

I have now logged a dozen dives with it and I am very pleased.

It is very easy to use and very easy to read under water. After reading the manual and 1 or 2 dives, you realize how simple it is to use. Plenty of features. Also, the small size is wonderful. I wore it all week on my last dive trip including when I played tennis. Very comfortable.

I also bought the PC download cables. While it's expensive, if you want to keep a log book on your computer, its a great add on. It downloads your entire dive profile. It's pretty cool how the log on the PC can show what your dive computer looked like at any point in the dive. Unfortunatley, the cable set does not come with any documentation. You need to download the software from Cressi's website. When you install the software, it gives you a manual. While the manual is not great, its pretty easy to figure out what to do. The downloading is fast and easy.

I am very pleased and give this package high marks.

Ken

The Edy is another computer made by Seiko-Epson in Japan. The have have excellent quality, perhaps the best of all the dive computer companies.

I really liked my EdyII when I had one. Being over 40, it starts to become a little tougher to read but what an all-around terrific computer and I agree about it wearing well almost all over.

I'm 26 and LOVE my Edy2. My last Cozumel trip I dove with that and a Cobra1. I found myself using the Edy most and the Cobra just to check my Air. I like it so much that I wear it out to the Bars and Clubs.

And Whodunit.........my dad has the same issue with the Edy, check out the Archimede 2. It's pretty much an Edy2 but in a larger package with an easier to read display.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom