Cressi Ocean Eyes Opinions?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Novice

Registered
Reaction score
Does anyone have any opinions/experience regarding Cressi Ocean Eyes? Especially with regards to use with an underwater camera housing.

Hi - I'm interested in the ocean-eyes too. From what I read the best option for use with an underwater camera housing is the black skirt version (avoids light bouncing around inside the mask, and gives a clearer view of the viewfinder / screen). The ocean eyes model is said to have a minimal distance between the eye & the lens, giving a very clear view - not that I've tried (yet) - just going by the literature....

I'm fairly convinced from what I've read so far, and if I can find myself a supplier for the clip-in prescription lenses, I will be trialling one of these with my camera in late january '08. If you know of a dive store that keeps the prescription lenses in stock, I'd be grateful of any guidance, especially as time is now very short. Cant find the damn things for love-nor-money...!

Basically, it's a low-volume mask, right?

Personally, I love my Cressi "Matrix." (I can't tell the difference between it and the Cressi "Big Eyes," though. Matrix is, of course, black silicone skirt. Maybe the "Big Eyes" comes in clear silicone. I don't know.

anyone could help me in the tutorial like "how to exchange the lenses" from the Crssi Ocean Eyes?

I love my Big Eyes, with the black skirt, and use if all the time for UW photo work.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom