Cressi MC9 O-ring blowouts

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
We are diving in the BVI’s and have had every O-ring on our regulators blowout, 2 of them during dives, 4 on the dive deck. Any experience with this model? Changed O-rings twice and have had no issues after switching regulators.

While I'm not a Cressi-Sub technician, O-rings blow out for 2 reasons typically. Either they are the wrong size or they are too soft.

I don't think it has anything to do with being in the BVIs.

How soon before the trip did you have the offending regulators serviced, and did you try them in the pool after servicing?

Did you have the backup regs serviced at the same time, or were they serviced by a different place at a different time?

We are diving in the BVI’s and have had every O-ring on our regulators blowout, 2 of them during dives, 4 on the dive deck. Any experience with this model? Changed O-rings twice and have had no issues after switching regulators.
I am not sure just what you are describing.

Were you blowing out the o-ring on the face of the tank valve? (yoke or DIN?)

Were you blowing out o-rings between hoses and 1st stage?

Were you actually replacing multiple internal o-rings in your gear?

Or something else???

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom