Cressi Leonardo - Turn Off Computer?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hey Everyone,

First time poster here! Excited to become part of the community.
Quick question I'm hoping someone can help out with.

I just bought a Cressi Leonardo wrist computer, and was making some adjustments (time/date/etc.). When I went to turn off the computer (by holding down the on/off button), it looks like everything turned off, but there are still some random bars (where the different sections of the display were sectioned out).

Is this normal, and will those bars eventually go away after a certain amount of time, or will they always be on the display?

Just want to ensure I turned it off properly and the battery isn't draining unnecessarily.

Thanks!

I suspect you're talking about painted-on divider lines? The battery is $1 at your nearest walgreens and it should last a couple of years so I wouldn't worry about it just yet.

That's kind of what I was thinking too, but didn't remember seeing them before I turned it on.
Maybe I just didn't notice because of the excitement haha.

Thanks!

That's kind of what I was thinking too, but didn't remember seeing them before I turned it on.

Actually, I don't remember if they were there before or not -- they're always there now. I also don't remember what the power drain was on those "old-style" lcds, I've a vague suspicion it may be zero or thereabouts (as long as you don't redraw the segments).

leonardo goes automatically off. So what you see are painted stripes on your screen :)

What I meant was even if those lines weren't painted on, the power drain from those lcds should be next to non-existent: you just need to lock the crystal segment in the "on" state. And no, they're not entirely off these days, not until you physically remove the power source. And then slowly count to five while the capacitors drain. ;-)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom