Cressi Leonardo Dive Watch claims no one complains about band size

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Shazzeronthebeach

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi all;

I recently bought the Cressi Leonardo watch - and found the band to be huge (issue is with the buckle not the length of the tongue). I figured out a hack to resolve the problem by buying neoprene wrist bands.

I reached out to Cressi and asked them to consider a more female friendly band size - because "female" does not equal simply making the band pink.

The response from Cressi customer service was "If ladies put the computer on their arm without wetsuit, because with the wetsuit, usually, we didn’t had complains. I think that we can solve the problems, with two more holes in the straps."

I am trying to encourage Cressi to do better for women in diving. It is not enough to put women on their marketing and FB site - but to actually have equipment that fits us (this also has a safety perspective).

So is it true? Does no one complain? If you bought a Cressi and find the watch band too big - would you please consider letting them know? It is 2019 after all.

The info to send emails is as follows:
Bilal Kamal
Cressi Sub S.p.A.
e-mail: bilal.kamal@cressi.com

Let's use our voices to encourage Cressi to do more than have pink bands and models on their website as a representative of women in diving and meeting their needs!

The Leonardo straps are far too big, only I mean the length of the straps. I have an average wrist and there is 3+ inches of extra strap with a 5mm wetsuit. My 14 year old daughter put it on and even on the tightest setting it was loose on her. That prompted me to change computers.

I think Cressi's response is going to be that they make smaller computers like the Goa and the Neon, you should buy one of those if you want a smaller form factor. The benefit to them is that those are considerably more expensive. Or you should buy the console version of the Leonardo so it is not on your wrist at all.

Also of note is that Cressi is discontinuing the Leonardo. The new replacement is the Michelangelo which is out in May 19. The form factor looks the same with only some minor improvements. The PC download is now BT vice only USB, faster processer etc. The MSRP on the Michelangelo is 350, in line with the Goa and Neon which would make the choice about form factor rather than price.

Agreed!! And then when it falls off your wrist and gets lost you have to shell out money to buy something else. Happy to message them.

Beyond the writing campaign, maybe there's a little after market business idea here.

The cavers and techies have been changing their straps out for bungies instead.

Perhaps one of us can think of a way to get the wrist mount into a different type of wrist band that fits us and holds the computer body securely.

I'm not the designer type myself.

My 15 year old daughter has not noticed an issue. She initially balked at the length of the strap until I reminded her that she would need all of that length when she is in her drysuit in cold water with heavy undergarments. She just tucks the excess strap when diving warm water, just as I do with my Scubapro Galileo.

I don’t think the issue is excess strap length but lack of holes to make strap tight enough on smaller wrist.

My Leonardo strap had an annoying extra amount of length but enough holes for me to tighten it over a wetsuit. It doesn't really get snug enough not to spin around if I'm not wearing a wetsuit, but that's an issue with the size of the computer--it sticks out too far. A stretchy neoprene band would be great.

My 15 year old daughter has not noticed an issue. She initially balked at the length of the strap until I reminded her that she would need all of that length when she is in her drysuit in cold water with heavy undergarments. She just tucks the excess strap when diving warm water, just as I do with my Scubapro Galileo.

Tucking the excess is not where the problem is. As I mentioned - the issue is not with the tongue length - but with the buckle side. A buckle or clasp should sit on the fleshy underside of the wrist. Because it is so long it sits on the wrist bone right at the face. Makes it pretty painful if you are not wearing a wetsuit!

And while I am vertically challenged at 5 foot 2, I am a curvy 160 pounds - so not exactly a slim woman. It's just a poor design for the other 50%! Or the Asian men I dive with who I outweigh and outsize!

I don’t think the issue is excess strap length but lack of holes to make strap tight enough on smaller wrist.
Not really - adding holes is one solution - but the buckle will still sit on the wrist bone (painful).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom