Cressi Leonardo Battery Indicator

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ogie6

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I have a Cressi Leonardo and the battery indicator was blinking so I replaced with new battery...still blinking and not looking like a full charge indication...anyone know what's up or what I can do?

Indicator is right above the -S in the image and is blinking

TIA

Attachments

• Cressi.jpg
    Cressi.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 265
  • Cressi.jpg
    Cressi.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 224
Are you sure you have replaced the old one with a new one (or the same old)?...

Are you sure you have replaced the old one with a new one (or the same old)?...
Yes I was at the dive shop counter, removed the old and discarded it, then inserted a new one out of the package.

They do have a shelf life, it's possible to get a new one that isn't new enough. Also, I'd check the contacts for signs of corrosion and for contact, but mostly: try another new battery. Preferably from a different shop.

So weirdest thing...grabbed a buddy's computer for backup and went out tonight. Turned on the Cressi and it shows full charge. No where in the literature does it mention this...thanks for weighing in guys

FWIW I haven't seen either of ours do that, through a couple of battery changes. (Note to self: get 'em changed before the March trip.)

Ogie6,

Everything points to dirt or early corrosion in your battery contacts. Open the battery compartment and closely inspect the condition of the contacts (suggest using magnifying glasses). If you any see corrosion, have to remove first with a very fine (1000 or 1500 grit) sandpaper. Additionally, online watch parts shops like Otto Frei, Borel and Esslinger sell an affordable special "pencil-like" battery cleaning tool.

(I just did ours yesterday) the side contact can be a bit tricky: it's hiding under a plastic ridge.

If you're poking at them with something hard, even a q-tip, there's a danger of pushing it hard enough to bend it back and lose contact.

dmaziuk, I agree, it's tricky and you have to very careful and gentle in doing this maneuver. Additionally, you do not want any debris coming from the "corroded" contact to get into the electronics.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom