Cressi Giotto Battery Problems.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hello, I wonder if anyone has experienced a similar issue with Giotto or other Cressi computers.

After my first battery replacement, the gizmo started to suck all the new batteries dry in a matter of days, even without any use. I tried different sets of CR2430 batteries without success, and also gave it a hard reset. The computer is relatively new (9 months use) and still works normally underwater though.

No luck in locating any Cressi support forums or webpage assistance.

Any ideas? Many thanks.

I would contact the shop where you bought it, or your nearest Cressi shop. I had replies from Cressi tech support but they're not known for their stellar personal assistance, they want you to go through authorized dealers. After 9 months is should be still on warranty.

I would contact the shop where you bought it, or your nearest Cressi shop. I had replies from Cressi tech support but they're not known for their stellar personal assistance, they want you to go through authorized dealers. After 9 months is should be still on warranty.

Thanks for the advice. I managed to speak with a Cressi dealer who pointed out that moisture may have leaked in and this can cause oddities. I am taking the computer for a check-up, fingers crossed.

If Cressi thinks that moisture leaked in, they will blame it on you and don't expect them to honor the warranty. As dmaiziuk said, they are not known for product support!

Well if you have salt water shoritng the battery, it shouldn't be a warranty issue since the battery compartment is independently sealed. All you need to do is dry it, clean the cap very thoroughly, and replace the o-ring. I was assuming the OP's checked for that but you know what they say about "assume" making an ass of you and me...

Back
Top Bottom