Cressi Dive Computer - Terrible Support and Customer Service!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

khsjsilver

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have been diving for a couple of years with the Cressi Edy II wrist dive computer. I have also been using the cables which connect the computer to my PC to download the dives into Cressi Log Book software. Besides liking the size and functionality of this wrist computer, the ability to download my dives and maintaining a computer based log book was a major decision in my purchase. Unfortunatley, the Cressi Log Book software is only compatible with Windows XP and not any of the new versions of Windows and I no longer use use my old Windows XP computer.

I attempted to contact Cressi multiple times to see what can be done and never received a response back. I sent emails with no response. I left mutlple voice mails without receiveing a response. I finally spoke to a person who understood my issues and said either she would call me back or someone else would. Never received a call back. I called several more times and finally got to another person.

Basically, the answer was that this computer was originally developed for Cressi by Seiko. At this point, Cressi no longer has a relationship with Seiko so there will be no upgrade to the software. I was a little perplexed since Cressi still does sell this dive computer. It is a current product and easily available in stores.

When I questioned Cressi about why I would buy another Cressi product given the fact that are not providing support to this product, they understood my feelings but did not have a response.

As much as I like my Cressi Edy II (and I really like the dive computer!!), I would not buy another Cressi product.

Ken​

My understanding is that Seiko got out of the dive computer business leaving several companies that private label Seiko's products in the lurch

My understanding is that Seiko got out of the dive computer business leaving several companies that private label Seiko's products in the lurch

I guess that's the point about Cressi not supporting it's products. When Seiko got out of the business, Cressi should have hired a company to update the software. That's how you support your product. Don't just drop the ball, blame it on Seiko and ignore your customers.

How do I know that the same thing in not going to happen to the next Cressi product I buy?

I understand your thoughts about the lack of Cressi support on this. I initially had some trouble with the company that private labeled my dive computer made by Seiko, but they came through with a replacement and gave me good customer service.

I had a Diverite Nitek+ that I really loved, in fact I sold many of them and everyone loved them. I was disappointed last year that it stopped measuring depth correctly. Seemed the depth sensor had failed. It also was made by Seiko and no spares are available for it. So my Nitek+ is junk. Combine that with the fact that my Suunto Stinger was destroyed by Suunto when I sent it in for battery replacement and they said they should overhaul it, and I now no longer have a wristwatch dive computer. I was considering a Cressi Edy but the above puts me off. Can anyone suggest an alternative that works well and is likely to continue to work?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom