Cressi Digital2 Console

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Blackcrusader

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I decided to replace my SIPG with the Cressi Digital2 console.

It's very easy to read in any conditions. It has a nice "range" feature that tells you at any point on the dive who much time you would have from current depth and air use the amount of time you would have to get to 50 bar. I'm quite good on air so it's very rare I would ever finish a dive with 50 bar. This is not a dive computer. It will show last dive time and depth and water temp. I wanted another device that was easy to see. Goes well with my Shearwater Perdix.

Now only one thing Cressi don't tell you.. they have a cover which clips onto the console. After you read the instructions is says never get the cover wet as it has a magnet inside to activate the console or to change from metric to imperial. WTF a cover for divers that cannot get wet?

I may get a quick disconnect high pressure hose so I can just pop off the console. The issue with that it makes it easy for people to steal it. I kept my old SIPG so can always put that back on if ever needed that.

Also good is the fact the battery can be easily removed as you need to either hand carry your regs with console or remove the lithium battery. Battery is the CR2450. The console can be activated by removing the cover, or by opening the tank valve and it will display for 2 minutes. Also by submerging the console I think to .8m. So I leave it in my BCD pocket between dives and just place the cover on when finished diving. I leave the cover in a dry bag until I finish diving.

CRESSI  CONSOLE.jpg

I decided to replace my SIPG with the Cressi Digital2 console.

It's very easy to read in any conditions. It has a nice "range" feature that tells you at any point on the dive who much time you would have from current depth and air use the amount of time you would have to get to 50 bar. I'm quite good on air so it's very rare I would ever finish a dive with 50 bar. This is not a dive computer. It will show last dive time and depth and water temp. I wanted another device that was easy to see. Goes well with my Shearwater Perdix.

Now only one thing Cressi don't tell you.. they have a cover which clips onto the console. After you read the instructions is says never get the cover wet as it has a magnet inside to activate the console or to change from metric to imperial. WTF a cover for divers that cannot get wet? I may get a quick disconnect high pressure hose so I can just pop off the console. The issue with that it makes it easy for people to steal it. I kept my old SIPG so can always put that back on if ever needed that.

Also good is the fact the battery can be easily removed as you need to either hand carry your regs with console or remove the lithium battery. Battery is the CR2450. The console can be activated by removing the cover, or by opening the tank valve and it will display for 2 minutes. Also by submerging the console I think to .8m. So I leave it in my BCD pocket between dives and just place the cover on when finished diving. I leave the cover in a dry bag until I finish diving.

View attachment 563477

If it's just a magnet, then I see no reason why it can't get wet. It's not like you can ruin a magnet by getting it wet.

Have you tried using a regular magnet to activate/deactivate the console? On mobile phones, some will wake/sleep based on a magnet that's embedded in slip-cases.

I use mine for the first time in a couple of weeks and was hoping to write the first review. Should have known that just wasn't going to happen. Thank you for the first impressions and I am glad to hear it is visible throughout the dive. Now I just need to get that red boot.

That cover is the stupidest ON-OFF switch I’ve ever seen. Cressi should get “dumb” idea of all time” award. You have to store this somewhere else. Really? I wonder how much they charge for replacement covers?

the console is pressure sensitive. turns on when you open the tank valve, which is nice. the cover only "protects the screen" and changes from imperial to metric. once i find a magnet that does the trick on its own, i'm tossing that pos cover.

That cover is the stupidest ON-OFF switch I’ve ever seen. Cressi should get “dumb” idea of all time” award. You have to store this somewhere else. Really? I wonder how much they charge for replacement covers?

I was thinking to make a 3D printer replacement cover.

If it's just a magnet, then I see no reason why it can't get wet. It's not like you can ruin a magnet by getting it wet.

Have you tried using a regular magnet to activate/deactivate the console? On mobile phones, some will wake/sleep based on a magnet that's embedded in slip-cases.

I don't know. Well would not like to "void" warranty for the console if Cressi decided the cover had become wet. Plus is means you cannot allow dive center staff to touch your gear with the cover on.

Also as the unit turns off after 2 minutes out of water imagine your buddy trying to do a buddy check and check your air and your console has no display lol. My dive buddy is aware so we check together when I crack the tank open before the dive.

Saltwater — whether the magnet is fully immersed or simply operating in saltwater air — can cause even more serious corrosive damage that can actually weaken a magnet's strength. If you use certain types of magnets within saltwater or a high-moisture environment, you'll likely have to replace them on a regular basis.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom