Cressi Digi 2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BoundForElsewhere

Snarkmeister
ScubaBoard Supporter
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I just received mine from a buddy in England. Haven't dived with it yet but it sure is cute...

IMG_20191230_165647.jpg

interesting. I wonder if there is some good engineering reason not to include a tissue model, or if it's just market segmentation.

I think it is marketed more as a gadget for people with too much money than anything actually useful, to be honest.

Robin Williams said, "cocaine is god's way of telling you you make too much money." since I don't do coke anymore, scuba is my new "you're an idiot" vice.

I think it is marketed more as a gadget for people with too much money than anything actually useful, to be honest.

The device provides gas pressure, time to empty, depth, and timer, so I can see it being useful in replacing a bulkier SPG + depth gauge console and a watch. Not an essential device, but not useless. However, at $250 it is way too expensive and I agree with "too much money" conclusion

I brought one into the shop, it arrived a few weeks ago. I am skeptical, but will give it a try.
Basically for about the same price as a 2 gauge analog console, you get a digital version with a bottom timer and some other useful information in real time. Now, the question is how many divers are both content with analog rather than a computer, but can be switched to a digital version but still no computer. I suppose if used in tandem with a simple wrist computer that normally would be paired with an analog console, you gain the remaining airtime alerts that would normally require an air integrated computer.

I also bet we see a Cressi AI console built off this platform in the next couple of years - no insider info, just speculation.

I brought one into the shop, it arrived a few weeks ago. I am skeptical, but will give it a try.
Basically for about the same price as a 2 gauge analog console, you get a digital version with a bottom timer and some other useful information in real time. Now, the question is how many divers are both content with analog rather than a computer, but can be switched to a digital version but still no computer. I suppose if used in tandem with a simple wrist computer that normally would be paired with an analog console, you gain the remaining airtime alerts that would normally require an air integrated computer.

I also bet we see a Cressi AI console built off this platform in the next couple of years - no insider info, just speculation.

I was thinking the exact same thing. I mean, how much space can more software take?

I was thinking the exact same thing. I mean, how much space can more software take?

Depends on the software. Whatever it is, if they didn't originally spec in enough storage, it's too much.

I expect it's the development costs, though. Leonardo's "folded RGBM", for example, is officially limited to 40 msw. If this device goes deeper than that, or any of their existing code, they may need to R&D a whole 'nother Piece Of Software for it. Possibly using a whole different deco model since RGBM is going out of fashion fast. If they have no air-integrated computers in their line-up, they need to integrate deco software with GTR software. And so on.

I bought one as I like the large easy to read display. It's also smaller than a regular SPG.

Range in top right shows time to 50 bar at anytime on the dive. Not essential but nice for some who might like that information. Only one thing is the device cover needs to be kept dry as as not to damage the magnet. Such a thing to do when the device is made for people who get wet all the time.

My dive computer is the Shearwater Perdix so this is a nice combination of digital devices.

CRESSI  CONSOLE.jpg

I threw away the stupid cover and just use a magnet to change the settings, which you do only once anyways.

I threw away the stupid cover and just use a magnet to change the settings, which you do only once anyways.

Well I will just put it on a night when the days dives are done. Or could just remove the magnet.
Once setup does not need to be changed.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom